Infographics 101: How to create a successful infographic
Infographics are powerful to communicate detailed information in a way that people can grasp quickly. If you want to create a successful infographic, you have to follow a few different steps.
Before you start collecting data or designing anything, you need to be clear on what your objective for the infographic is. What are you trying to communicate? Is your infographic going to be purely educational, or is it supposed to motivate your audience to take some action.
You should only have one goal for your infographic. If you try to accomplish more than that, you will most likely end with something that accomplishes nothing.
An infographic is only as good as the data it uses. You want to make sure that the data you use is accurate and interesting to your audience.
You also want to structure your data so that it is easy to understand at a quick glance. Infographics are most effective when providing a simple visual representation of a statistic or data set.
Simplicity should be your guiding principle. It is better to communicate a few data points clearly than to include so much data that someone gives up trying to make sense of your message.
After you are clear on your objective and have collected the data points you want to communicate, it is time to put your infographic together. When designing your infographic you want to consider these elements:
1. The infographic should have one consistent style and tone. Mixing different tones and styles will confuse your audience and weaken the effectiveness of your core message.
Decide what style and tone you want before you start creating the infographic. Make sure that the style and tone match your audience.
2. Infographics come in all shapes and sizes, but the most important factor to consider when deciding on the size of the infographic is readability. How easy will it be for someone to read and understand the infographic?
Along with the size of your infographic, you will want to make sure the flow of your data is clear. The infographic should tell a story and it should be obvious what order the different parts of the story should be read.
3. The best infographics are pieces of art. They use a consistent color palette, and they are visually stunning. Using a careful mix of complementary and contrasting colors will make your final product pop and will attract more attention.
4. Keep the image simple. There should be a lot of white space in your infographic. Blank space makes it easier for the audience to understand your message. Do not try to fill every pixel with something. Use blank space as a way to draw attention to the different key element of your design.
Once you have created your infographic your work is only half done. You need to release it out into the world. There are three main tactics you can use to promote your creation:
1. Share your infographic with your network. Post it on your different social media accounts. Invite your friends and followers to share your infographic with their networks. Share the infographic with any relevant groups that you are a part of. Make sure the group members know that they are welcome to share the infographic.
2. Another way to get the word out about your infographic is to contact different bloggers in your niche. Bloggers always need more content. They often receive pitches for different guest blogging ideas. But, they rarely are approached with infographics. The best bloggers know the power of a good infographic and will be receptive to sharing your creation if it is a good fit for their audience.
3. There are several infographic galleries on the web. These are places where bloggers and marketers go to find content to share on their sites. Infographic galleries can be a great place to get discovered.
Start your promotion efforts by submitting your infographic in our gallery! We offer a basic, and express review service.
Some other popular infographic galleries include:
Embed this infographic
<a href="https://www.infographicbee.com/create-successful-infographic/"><img src="https://www.infographicbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/infographics-101-create-successful-infographic.png" border="0" alt="Infographics 101: How to create a successful infographic" /></a><br>Infographic by <a href="https://www.infographicbee.com/">InfographicBee.com</a>